United Nations “Sustainable Realities” VR
Cinematic VR technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, the challenge lies in pushing boundaries and maximizing its potential at the moment, before the next best thing comes along. In this particular feature, we showcase its capability by diving into a rural community from the Mets Mantash region of Armenia. Immediately, we are transported inside a tight-knit circle. We see the anxieties that arise of those amid a difficult situation that no community should face–– one that can profoundly impact their quality of life. Our access grants us a visual on what this group grapples with from sustainable work sources to new economic standards. Through the VR lens, we were able to spotlight the stories of these dairy farmers and milk makers to detail their adversity through a worldwide sustainability initiative by the United Nations.
This campaign was centered around rural communities with limited access to first-world resources. Viewers are presented with an opportunity to immerse themselves in a town of people so incredibly far away, yet so familiar in our everyday plight towards a prosperous and happy life.
- Director: Tom Vaillant, Travis Button
- DP: Tom Vaillant
- Editor: Travis Button
- Production Company: SCRY VR
- Producer: Celmuun Dawcharbajar
- Producer: Tom Vaillant
- VFX Supervisor: Travis Button
- VFX Post-Production Company: Hyphenate
- VFX Producer: Albert Mason
- VR Compositing Lead: Travis Button
- Spherical Tracking/ Matchmoving: Brian Morse
- 2D Design / Animation: Carlos Diego